CALL FOR APPLICATIONS / McCahon House Artists’ Residency 2019
The McCahon House Trust is calling for applications from outstanding emerging and midcareer professional visual artists for the McCahon House Artists’ Residency programme.
Three residencies, each of three months duration, are available between January 2019 and December 2019. The deadline for applications is Friday 15 June 2018.
The future potential of artists will be a major factor in the panel's choice. The selectors must believe that the recipients of the residency have the potential to reach national and international standing and that the opportunity afforded by this residency will contribute to that potential.
The nominated artists will live and work in the purpose built artist residency located adjacent to the historic former home of Colin McCahon and receive a stipend from Creative New Zealand. It is an opportunity to focus on developing their arts practice within the French Bay, Titirangi environs that inspired Colin McCahon’s work during 1950’s.
Conditions of Award: Residencies are open to outstanding artists who, in the opinion of the
panel, meet the following criteria:
• Are New Zealanders or New Zealand residents
• Have a sufficient body of work, which clearly demonstrates a significant level of talent.
• Would benefit from the opportunity to undertake the residency.
• Have a history of exhibiting, which has resulted in significant critical evaluation and acclaim.
• Are able to reside and work full time at the McCahon House site in French Bay, Titirangi, Auckland, during the term of the residency.
Full criteria and application guidelines are available on the website
Or by email/phone firstname.lastname@example.org +64 9 817 6148
Successful artists will be notified 27 August 2018.
[image credit: Patrick Reynolds]
If you're a Mangere Otahuhu local artist and this opportunity interests you, get in touch with your Art Broker Renee, who can assist you in completing the application. email@example.com
Follow McCahon House on Facebook