Māngere - Ōtāhuhu Arts is an initiative from the Māngere Ōtāhuhu Local Board to support and enable community-led arts activities throughout the Māngere - Ōtāhuhu area. It involves having an Art Broker, whose role is to identify, curate, programme and enable community arts activities. The Art Broker works with local artists and creative organistations to offer support in the development and delivery of their creative ideas and projects, whether this be assisting with funding, marketing, or helping to find the right location or people to work with.
The Art Broker is interested in hearing from you and learning about your creative projects, even if they are just an “idea”. It could be dance, film, craft, visual arts, music, kapa-haka, spoken word, digital arts, a publication, a performance or an exhibition.
It all starts with a conversation about what you want to do. – From there, together we work out what advice or support you need, so get in touch below with our current Art Broker Renée Tanner.
On our website you can view:
- What’s happened – The Mangere Otahuhu Art Broker programme is now in its third year. Here you can learn about some of the community-led arts activities and organisaitions which have been supported.
- What’s On - Here you can learn about some of the creative projects and currently in development and delivery.
- Get Involved – Here you can learn more about the Māngere - Ōtāhuhu Arts iniatitive. What kind of of support it offers, who it’s for, how it works, and be introduced to the current Arts Broker Renée Tanner. We’ve also included on this page a whole range of useful links to funding opportunities, local creative spaces and more.
- Noticeboard - The Māngere Ōtāhuhu Arts Noticeboard is a place for creative artists, groups and organisations in the local area to share, seek, promote, and post a "call-out" to the local community. Have a read, or submit a notice.
- Contact - We want to hear from you and to stay in touch – so join us on Facebook, sign up to our Māngere Ōtāhuhu Arts newsletter, send us a message or call for a chat.