Māngere Ōtāhuhu Arts is excited to host the May Meet Up, an evening of speed networking, quick fire talks, yummy refreshments and heaps of inspiration! Come along to meet artists, entrepreneurs and creatives of all forms from the Māngere-Ōtāhuhu area. Check out what local creative entrepreneurs make and sell, and hear about some awesome projects bubbling away in our creative community.
The evening will include sounds courtesy of Māngere’s own DJ Al’Goodie and a few warming winter drinks supplied by Stolen Spirits! Local creative entrepreneurs will also have stalls with artwork, homeware, accessories and publications for sale.
The series of quick fire talks will consist of visual presentations from:
- Kolokesa Māhina-Tuai – Ōtāhuhu-based curator, writer and project manager
- Matthew Salapu – Māngere,South Auckland music producer Anonymouz
- Do Good, Feel Good – A presentation about the initiative’s youth-led projects in Māngere
- Vinesh Kumaran – Māngere-based photographer currently documenting the business owners behind the iconic Māngere Town Centre
- Qiane Matata-Sipu – Ihumātao/Māngere-based photographer and storyteller
- Vea Mafile’o and Jeremiah Tauamiti – Papatoetoe-based filmmakers and producers
The May Meet Up stalls will feature products and services by local creative entrepreneurs including Melissa Cole (Lissy Cole Designs), FAF SWAG Art Collective and David Riley (Author). Māngere Ōtāhuhu Arts Broker Renee Tanner will also be available on the night to discuss the opportunities and services of Māngere Ōtāhuhu Arts.
"The May Meet Up is an awesome networking opportunity for artists, entrepreneurs and creative industry stakeholders to meet, share stories and see the products and services which grow from our neighbourhoods" - Ema Tavola, PIMPIknows.com
WHEN: Thursday 31 May. Doors open 6.30pm for 7pm start
WHERE: Māngere Arts Centre - Nga Tohu o Uenuku cnr Bader Drive and Orly Avenue
Follow the Facebook event for updates!